Well, March certainly didn’t go the way anyone was expecting it to go. Any goals really went out the window as we adjusted the best we could to this new “stay at home” life. I am still trying to figure out the best way to work from home for my day job (librarian) while also balancing my other job as a travel agent that is obviously difficult right now as well.
While I am still setting some goals this month, I’m not holding myself to them. This situation is difficult, stressful, and for someone like me who has anxiety there are some really rough days. Sometimes just getting through the day is the goal and a major accomplishment. Even if I don’t get many other things done that’s okay.
For the blog, I’m focusing more on “Disney at home” posts than on theme park stuff. I hope that is more relevant and interesting to my readers right now, though I will share a few theme park things occasionally to remind us of the good times that await once this is over!
Let’s see how those March goals went just for the heck of it…
- Finish blog taxes (nope, but we have til July now…)
- Do a lesson in my SEO course (I didn’t do this)
- Finish creating the printables for my online course (I focused all my time here and got this done!)
- Update 2 old blog posts (nope)
- Send at least 2 emails to my email list (yes – I sent one about Disney activities at home and one about my e-book being free)
- Reach my goal of running 275 miles by March 21 (done!! I don’t know if we’ll get our ending celebration at this point, but I did it)
- Read at least 4 books (Yes. Reading is something I can handle with my anxiety and I have more time now. I read The Gravity of Us, Shades of Blue, Mistress of All Evil, Sideways Stories from Wayside School, and Mostly Harmless)
- get the living room REALLY organized and clean (I actually did the living room AND the kitchen!)
April blog goals
- Finish blog taxes
- Start recording audio for my online course
- Update 4 old blog posts
- Create a video for YouTube
April personal goals
- Maintain a running schedule and add some strength training
- Clean the library, pantry, and dining room
- Make healthy choices 80% of the time
- Do what I need to do to take care of myself during this high-anxiety time
Do you have any goals for April?