There was a LOT of Disney news shared this past month! The D23 Expo had something for every Disney fan – whether your passion is the movies, TV shows, theme parks, or cruise ships we have many exciting things coming in the next few years. Orlando is hopping with the Food and Wine Festival and Galaxy’s Edge opening. As for me, I’m leaving today on the Disney Wonder for my cruise to Alaska! So things may be quiet on the blog in the next week and a half, but I’ll have plenty to share when I get back. What would you most like to hear about my Disney cruise to Alaska?
- It’s not Disney, but that park next door – Universal Orlando announced they would be building a third theme park called Universal’s Epic Universe.
- Another new restaurant is coming to Disney Springs – this one is Beatrix, with an emphasis on healthy food options, vegetarian options, etc.
- There was a TON of news released at the D23 expo, and I’ll highlight some below – but a full list of what’s coming to Disney World can be found here.
- Epcot will be broken into new neighborhoods, instead of just Future World and the World Showcase.
- The new Guardians of the Galaxy attraction coming to Epcot will be called Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic rewind, and it will include a backwards launch roller coaster!
- A new attraction will be coming to Epcot inspired by Mary Poppins.
- The “Journey of Water” will be coming to Epcot, inspired by Moana.
- The new nighttime show coming to Epcot will be HarmonioUS.
- A new app called the “Disney Genie” will be coming to help you plan itineraries and book fastpasses.
- A Princess and the Frog themed restaurant will be coming to the new resort being built called Reflections.
- A new Cirque du Soleil show will be coming to Disney Springs. They are partnering with Disney animation and imagineering to put it together.
- Disneyland is getting a new parade called Magic Happens. It will feature Moana and Coco.
- One of the new Disney cruise ships coming will be called the Wish, and will have Rapunzel on the front.
- A new island in the Bahamas is coming for Disney. It will be called Lighthouse Point and Joe Rhode is involved in the creation and imagineering of it.
- The new Star Wars hotel coming to Hollywood Studios will be called Galactic Cruiser, and some new details can be found here.
- There’s a ton of great content coming to the new Disney+ streaming app… Monica from Popcorner has the full list!
Movies // It seems likely that The Lion King isn’t the last movie that Beyonce is doing with Disney. Rumor has it that they signed her on for multi-million dollar movie deal to do more with them in the future.
Movies // Now that Disney has made so many live action movies there are tons of rumors about which ones we’ll see next, but one that I saw a lot of people talking about was The Great Mouse Detective. We’ll see if that actually happens.
Animal Kingdom // Primeval Whirl is currently under refurbishment, but a rumor is saying this will be a permanent closure.
Other Disney Blogs
Though some people may love the Main Street Electrical Parade, I really appreciate Jeff’s honesty in his post “The Lame Street Electrical Parade” over on his blog The Wisdom of Walt.
This is not a new blog post, but I thought it was fascinating – the blog Long Forgotten Haunted Mansion has a ton of great content, but I really liked reading about “The Ballroom Dancers Disaster that Wasn’t.”
Kenny the Pirate has info on different Disney characters visiting the Disney resorts – like Mary Poppins walking through the lobby of the Grand Floridian.
What Disney news are you most excited for this month?