This month we saw the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland, which went surprisingly smoothly and hasn’t been as crowded as anyone expected. I’ve written a number of posts about my experience there on the blog (with a few more to come!) so make sure you go back and check those out if you’re interested. We won’t know what it will look like at Disney World until August 29th. Disney has made a lot of announcements recently about their fall and winter events – so read on for a little of everything, but especially Food and Wine and Christmas info!
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party will have a new holiday fireworks show – Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Show.
- A “FOMOsa” is now available at Sunshine Tree Terrace – it’s a vanilla/orange soft serve served with sparkling apple cider!
- The Disney Wonder cruise ships will be getting some upgrades in September, including a new Princess and the Frog lounge.
- If you’re interested in mini golf at Disney World, you can now call to make reservations at one of their two mini golf courses.
- Some new details about the Marvel Land coming to Disneyland have been released, including the fact that it will have a microbrewery.
- Topolino’s Terrace at Riviera Resort is now taking reservations – both for dinner and for their character meal breakfast.
- The Liberty Inn quick service location in Epcot will be replaced by a new dining location called Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue. As you can probably tell by the name, it will feature craft beers and BBQ!
- Animal Kingdom is now offering Circle of Flavors: Harambe at Night, which is a food and animal experience that sounds amazing and delicious.
- The Main Street Electrical parade is now returning to Disneyland – August 2nd-September 30th for a limited time!
- The new attraction Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind is now open in California Adventure.
Rumor // Though Disney hasn’t technically confirmed it, this is more news than rumor because it’s been showing up on the Disney website. FP+ tiers at Hollywood Studios are changing starting August 29th – tier 1 will include every ride (except Star Tours), while tier 2 is Star Tours and the shows.
Rumor // D23 happens next month, so we will probably see some announcements then – most likely about Epcot. Things rumored to be announced include a Brazil pavilion (located between Germany and Italy where the model train is currently), details about the new films, and information about the new nighttime show coming to Epcot.
Other Disney blogs
Curious about staying in a cabana at Stormalong Bay? Dawn from What’s Up with the Mouse has all of the details!
Tom from Disney Tourist Blog has all the details on Savi’s Workshop, and if the experience of building a lightsaber is worth it.
Over at The Small Adventurer, Indya is sharing her recipe for how to make these adorable little green men jellies from Toy Story!
The full food menus for this year’s Epcot International Food and Wine Festival are out, and Disney Food Blog has them for us!
What Disney news are you most excited about this month?