So the blog HAD been going pretty well until this week hit. I’m really happy with the progress I was seeing, especially from Pinterest. I hit over 1 million monthly viewers! That being said, I think the fact that my traffic is increasing was also taking a toll on the server/webhost I’m currently using. If you tried to visit the blog in the past 3 days you might have noticed it was totally down. After hours of phone calls, live chats, and a few tears, I think we are finally up and running. I switched hosts to one that can not only handle my site but also has much better customer service so far. The past few days were extremely stressful but I can only try and work my way up from here…
I felt like September was a good month and I was getting a decent amount accomplished, but looking at my goals I didn’t actually achieve many of them. I think I was doing other things, or they were bigger goals than I realized. But I still felt productive so I think that’s okay.
- Finish the Pindepth online course (I did not get through it – I’m 74% of the way through. But I’m doing a lot of work and it’s taking a long time so I feel good about it!)
- Create a digital version of my trip planning course (this is much more intensive than I realized. I watched some tutorials on it so I’m going to keep chugging forward).
- Create another “guide” to better organize my resources (like the Ultimate Guide to Disney World planning – maybe a cruise guide?) (Wow. I dropped the ball again.)
- Design at least one more shirt for my RedBubble shop (in honor of breast cancer awareness month I created this shirt: A Cure Worth Fighting For)
- Finish that darn video! (I made a video for my Mickey Monthly subscription box unboxing)
- Finish reading the handbook for my new camera (I did finish that!)
- Clean out and organize the laundry room/my closet (only about halfway through this project)
- Try to do more workouts other than just running (at least once per week of yoga, spin, or barre) (I was at yoga once a week pretty consistently. Unfortunately I’ve been having that hip pain back while running so I’m at the chiropractor now to try another solution)
October blog goals
- Finish the Pindepth online course
- Create a digital version of my trip planning course
- Create another “guide” to better organize my resources
- Finish cleaning up my Pinterest boards
- Create Tailwind Smart Loops for seasonal content
October personal goals
- Run the Hershey Half Marathon (relatively) pain free
- Clean and organize the laundry room/closet
- Get back on track with eating healthy and hopefully lose about 5 pounds
What are your goals for the upcoming month?