It’s spring, though it still doesn’t feel like it in Pennsylvania! In Disney World spring means the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival, one of my favorite times of the year. It also means Disney is getting ready for all of their big summer events. In Florida we’ll see the opening of Toy Story Land, and California will see Pixar Pier and the Pixar Fest. So many great things will be happening!
- There are some adorable magic shots available at Epcot’s Flower and Garden Festival… including this amazing orange bird one! I have to get that one in May!
- A number of restaurants and places in Downtown Disney in California will be closing to make way for the new hotel. These include Rainforest Cafe, Earl of Sandwich, the AMC Movie Theater, ESPN Zone, Starbucks west side, and the Alamo rental car.
- If you’re visiting Disney World this fall, check out the special Sleepy Hollow event being hosted at Fort Wilderness!
- All of the food at Star Wars Galactic Night looks amazing and I wish I was going.
- Lots of new Avengers stuff is hitting theme parks at Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Hong Kong Disneyland!
- The new quick service location, Spy Glass Grill, is now open at the Caribbean Beach resort.
- A new shop called Disney Style will be opening in Disney Springs in May, with lots of cute fashion items and more!
- Perhaps the biggest news of last month: Disney will begin charging resort guests for parking overnight at the resort. Rates will vary depending on if you’re at a value, moderate, or deluxe resort.
- Rapunzel’s Table in the Disney Magic cruise ship is now up and running – I can’t wait to try it next month!
- This year’s Epcot International Food and Wine festival will run from August 30th-November 12th.
Epcot // Rumors have been circulating for awhile that Illuminations would be replaced, but there has now been evidence of new music being recorded for a show. Many are predicting that the new show will come in 2020 or 2021.
Epcot // Many are speculating that something new will be coming to the Wonders of Life pavilion, since it is not currently being used for the Flower and Garden Festival center like it has been for the past couple of years.
Hollywood Studios // The new attractions coming to Star Wars land are estimated to have an hourly capacity of 1,750. So more than Flight of Passage, but less than attractions like Pirates or Haunted Mansion.
Other Disney Blogs
With the Disney resorts selling out quickly, it might make sense to take a look at the Disney Springs area hotels. Tom from Disney Tourist Blog ranks all of the Disney Springs hotels.
Excited for the Avengers? Celebrate with this Captain America cocktail created by Kimberly at the Savvy Mama Lifestyle!
Gen over at Oh Sweet Disney shares these adorable Aurora themed cupcakes – they’d be perfect for any Sleeping Beauty or princess party!
The Disney Food Blog shares a peek at some of the adorable food items that are coming to Disneyland’s Pixar Fest this summer!
What Disney news are you most excited about this month?