Shh, we’re not going to even talk about pageviews and numbers this month. Because if I measure myself and my blog by that, I’m a failure. But we’re still here, I’m still writing, you’re still reading. So let’s go with that. My next Disney trip isn’t until February, but for November and December I’m going to try and focus on a lot of holiday content. So be on the lookout for that!
Let’s see how I did with my goals from October!
- Take the Social Media Superhero e-course I signed up for ages ago but never completed (nope, I guess that will be a goal for this month!)
- Read 4 blogging related pins on Pinterest (this great one on 9 emails to send to subscribers, an okay one on using Tailwind but I knew most of it already, “How to make money blogging when you don’t blog about blogging” – which I appreciated the title but was all the same stuff, and another good one on Top 10 WordPress plugins).
- Send out an email newsletter weekly (I stuck with every other week, but thanks to that article I found on Pinterest linked above, I have ideas to increase the frequency of my emails)
- Make another video using Lumen5 (I did, I shareda video of things at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. It didn’t get a lot of response, so I’m not sure if it’s worth it).
- Create blogging checklists to help keep me organized (I made a daily checklist and even formatted it to be all pretty! I’m going to work on a weekly and monthly one next).
- Continue promoting my email list with sponsored social media posts (I didn’t, but I’ve gotten such good response so far just from having it on the site that I think I’ll wait a bit to do this)
- Find a new voice teacher. Mine unfortunately can no longer accommodate me and my crazy schedule, so I’d like to sign-up with a new one. (I haven’t yet, but I have someone to contact when I’m ready to start again!)
- Do more rock-climbing and yoga. I’ve started both of these things recently. I don’t think I can be consistent with them because I will be away for about 10 days of this month, but I’d at least like to get back to both of them once or twice. (I got hit with a hip injury after the Hershey Half, so I’ve mostly been on exercise rest. I didn’t really do this but I don’t blame myself for it).
- Successfully complete the Hershey Half Marathon. Not falling on my face like I did at the 10k would be good (done, nowhere near my best time and it was pretty painful, but I finished!)
One thing I didn’t make a goal about for this past month that I often do is something theater related. If you follow closely you probably know I’ve gone to a couple of auditions recently that didn’t work out. Well, I’m happy to share that I auditioned for a show on a bit of a whim and got in! It’s a straight play (not a musical) called Mom’s Gift, and I’m playing a character called Brittney. A lot of fun as my character has many funny lines – I’m not used to being the comic relief! And on top of that I convinced my husband to audition and he got in too! Granted, he’s playing the love interest of a character that is not me, but we’re still going to have a lot of fun 😉
November Blog Goals
- Take the Social Media Superhero e-course I signed up for ages ago but never completed
- Send out an email newsletter weekly
- Update 4 old blog posts
- start creating a master post of trip planning resources
- Start working on a 2017 survey to send out to my readers
November Personal Goals
- Hang the remaining pictures and shelves in the guest room that we haven’t put up yet
- Memorize my lines for Act 1
- Do whatever the sports physician tells me to do to get my hip back in better shape so I can run again
- Read 5 books
What are your goals for the month of November?