Numbers were still not great in September, but at least up slightly from August. Numbers aside, I had other good things happen for the blog which I’m trying to focus on instead. I switched my ad network from Google Adsense to Media Vine and honestly made about 10x more money this month. That’s super exciting because I can invest it into other things I’ve wanted to do for the blog but haven’t had the funds to do. As you’ll see in my goals below, I also launched my email opt-in incentive. That’s gone really well. I’ve had a ton of sign-ups in the past two weeks, so now I need to focus on getting my email newsletter up to scruff and sending email that will actually be useful and wanted!
I’ve been sharing a lot all month from my September Disney trip, especially about Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival! It’s also the time of year when all of the fun fall blog posts can begin. Halloween costumes, Disney fall decor – there’s lots of ways to tie Disney into the season, so look for some of that coming this month!
Let’s see how I did with my goals from September!
- Launch my email opt-in incentive (I did! You may have noticed a little pop-up when arriving, or you’ll see it over in the sidebar – you can sign up today to get my free 10 page vacation planning guide and workbook!)
- Update 4 old blog posts (I only half finished this one, as I updated 2 older posts)
- Finish the online photography course I’m taking (I did finish it – I didn’t complete all of it but I did what I felt was needed for me. It was a good intro/reminder of some things and I feel like I have a good foundation to increase my photography skills)
- Increase my pageviews from August (just barely, but I did)
- Audition for another show (1940’s Radio Hour) (I auditioned and didn’t get in. After prepping for over 2 months and feeling really good about the audition this was a rough one. But I’m going to attempt another audition tonight. Third time’s the charm?)
- Run 3 days a week, with the exception of the week I’m on vacation in Disney! (there was one week where I only ran twice, but overall this was a win. I ran two official races that were 8ks and did 3 additional long runs this month – 7 miles, 9 miles, and 11 miles.)
- Get the living room more clean and organized (I did, and then it got messy again. And then I cleaned it again. And now it’s getting more messy. It’s an endless battle, but I think it’s at least improved?)
- Read at least 4 books (I’m going to say yes because I read 3 books in September and 1 additional book that I finished October 2nd, so I think that counts. The Magic Misfits, The Bad Beginning (from a Series of Unfortunate Events), The Awkward Age, and Beautiful Blue World were the ones I read this month. In the middle of a few others right now too).
October Blog Goals
- Take the Social Media Superhero e-course I signed up for ages ago but never completed
- Read 4 blogging related pins on Pinterest
- Send out an email newsletter weekly
- Make another video using Lumen5
- Create blogging checklists to help keep me organized
- Continue promoting my email list with sponsored social media posts
October Personal Goals
- Find a new voice teacher. Mine unfortunately can no longer accommodate me and my crazy schedule, so I’d like to sign-up with a new one.
- Do more rock-climbing and yoga. I’ve started both of these things recently. I don’t think I can be consistent with them because I will be away for about 10 days of this month, but I’d at least like to get back to both of them once or twice.
- Successfully complete the Hershey Half Marathon. Not falling on my face like I did at the 10k would be good.
What are your goals for the month of October?