I continue to struggle through life right now, which obviously affects blogging. After a great June and a good start to July, some things happened which sent me spiraling downward again. We’re gonna get back up on the upswing I know, but it’s been a rough couple of weeks. I love blogging with a passion, but when it takes effort just to drag yourself through your regular work day and any other commitments you have, there is no energy left for blogging. But writing the post I linked above about characters who have made mistakes fired up a passion for writing that I want to hold on to. Your feedback was amazing and it is so inspiring to me to keep going.
But I did attend D23, and while I’ve started sharing some of the things from that event there’s still lots more fun stuff I’d like to post on the blog! In addition I am heading off to Disney World for the weekend – just a two night trip, but the goal is to see Pandora and the new fireworks at Magic Kingdom. Plus we have brunch booked at California Grill! And in September I’ll be going for a week long trip for both my anniversary and Food and Wine Festival. Jury’s out on which on is my important, to be honest.
July 2017 goals
Let’s see how I did on my goals last month. Going through rough times I know I dropped the ball on a lot of things.
- Make my email opt-in look presentable and ready to go (nope, pretty much didn’t touch this)
- Start the online photography course I got from Groupon (didn’t even look at it)
- Get some great content written/posted from D23 and Disneyland (I did manage to write about 4 posts already, with more to come)
- Read at least 5 saved blog posts on Pinterest (nope)
- Update 5 old blog photos (none)
- Audition for (and hopefully get into!) the musical Sweet Charity (I auditioned. I was offered an ensemble role, which is not what I was hoping for. Back when I made my 2017 goals for the year I mentioned not being afraid to turn something down I didn’t feel passionate about. I hate saying no. But that, combined with the fact that the friend mentioned here will be doing the show, made me feel like it was not the right choice for me at this moment. Sadly, because there were some things I was definitely looking forward to with the show. But, life goes on).
- Stick with the the Galloway half marathon plan (giving myself a little slack while I’m in California) (I only ran 5 days in the month of July. That’s awful. Definitely not according to plan)
- survive summer reading at the library!! (I am surviving. And actually enjoying a lot of the summer activities, like our book discussions)
August blog goals
- Make my email opt-in look presentable and ready to go
- Start the online photography course I got from Groupon
- Pre-write at least 2 posts over the weekend for the coming week
- Post the video I made using Lumen5
- Update 4 old blog post graphics
August personal goals
- Run at least 2 times a week, even if I feel like I have good excuses not to. It will not only be better for my physical health, but my mental health as well.
- Look into and make an appointment with a counselor/therapist.
- Use my planner more often to stay organized.
What are your goals for the upcoming month?