It’s funny because I started out last month’s round-up talking about what an awesome month June was. Unfortunately July fell back into pretty horrible territory for me from a personal standpoint, but I’m going to keep fighting through it. It’s only August and I’m pretty much ready for 2017 to be over! But at least in the world of Disney, we got a ton of news this past month from the D23 Expo. Lots of exciting things!
I’m heading off this weekend for a quick 2-night stay at Disney World. The main goals are to visit Pandora and see the new Happily Ever After fireworks. After the past two weeks have beaten me up pretty badly, hopefully a little Disney magic can make me feel better. And then I have my anniversary trip in September to look forward to, when we go for a whole week and hit up the Food and Wine Festival! Gotta keep focusing on the positives.
- Read all of the new things coming to the theme parks that were announced at the D23 Expo here. What are you most excited about?
- Wreck-It Ralph 2 will feature a scene with all of the Disney princesses – and the voice actresses who are still alive all return to bring their characters to life once again!
- Tiger babies are expected at Animal Kingdom soon! The new additions are expected to be born sometime in August.
- Want to know every food item at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival? A full list is right here – I can’t wait!
- The medals for the Disneyland race weekend have been revealed, and they are Pixar themed and beautiful.
- The area in Hollywood Studios where Writer’s Stop used to be located will now be the BaseLine tap house, offering drinks and pub style snacks.
RunDisney // A rumor is circulating that Disney will be cancelling next year’s Tinkerbell race weekend and the light side Star Wars race weekend in California because registration has not opened for them yet.
Magic Kingdom // There is a rumor that the Magic Kingdom will launch a “culinary tour” which will take you through some of the most popular snacks and dishes in the theme park. No other news is available right now.
Other Disney Blogs
There’s been some very strong feelings about the changing of the auction scene in Pirates of the Caribbean, but I thought Dan over at Tomorrow Society had an interesting perspective. The thing that hit me the most was when he said “Do you want to plant your flag behind a scene auctioning off women as slaves?” Maybe there are bigger things worth fighting for.
Curious which Disney World dessert party is right for you? Don’t worry, Mindy from This Fairy Tale Life bit the bullet for you and tried them all 😉 You can find her thoughts on them here.
After hearing about this year’s D23 Expo, are you interested in going in the future? Patty from My No-Guilt Life has some great tips with her post “23 things to know before the next D23 Expo.”