July means that we’ll be celebrating the blog-iversary soon. I have now been writing Disney in your Day for 4 years, and as of this post I have published 861 blog posts. So much of my time and effort has gone into this blog, and I still absolutely love writing it and sharing it – hopefully some of you like reading it too! 😉
In about a week and a half I’ll be headed to D23, so I’m hoping to have lots of new and exciting Disney news from that! Posts in the first half of July might be a little light as I prepare and attend that event, as well as visiting Disneyland. But then I should hopefully have plenty to write about! I’m looking forward to trying the new Guardians of the Galaxy version of Tower of Terror, eating at Ariel’s Grotto, and doing the Walk in Walt’s Footsteps Backstage Tour on July 17th – the anniversary of the opening day of Disneyland.
June 2017 goals
Let’s see how I did with my June goals last month!
- Format my email opt-in so it’s ready for release (So I actually did this! I at least set it up, though now I have to make it look good. I think I’m going to aim for an August release because July is so busy!)
- Make at least 1 video using Lumen 5 (done! Hoping to post/share it soon)
- Start the online photography course I bought from Groupon (didn’t even look at it)
- Get better about responding to comments sooner – I’ve been slacking on that (I responded to everything I hadn’t yet. Embarrassingly, some of these posts went back to last December. Not letting that happen again!)
- Read at least 5 books (I got a ton of new books at BookExpo that I’m dying to read!) (I actually got through 6 books. The Sherlock Holmes story the Sign of the Four which I did not care for, Book Scavenger by Jennifer Chambliss Bertman, Lucky Broken Girl by Ruth Behar which is getting great reviews and was definitely not for me, Saturdays with Hitchcock by Ellen Wittlinger which was an advanced copy that I absolutely loved, Titanic: Voices from the Disaster by Deborah Hopkinson which was very moving and I’m using for a middle school book discussion, and See you in the Cosmos by Jack Cheng which I listened to on audiobook and it was amazing).
- Create a cleaning plan for the house and donate at least 2 boxes of stuff (no cleaning plan and while no boxes have been donated, I did start packing some stuff into boxes. So it’s a start)
- Host a board game night (we haven’t done a real one in ages) (we didn’t host one but we did get over to a friend’s house to do some board games)
- Create a plan for D23 (I have as much of a plan as I can get, though I’m still not quite sure what to expect and a little nervous!)
- Figure out a training plan for the Hershey Half Marathon in October (I’m using a Jeff Galloway plan, but one I haven’t tried yet for time improvement. It starts this week and I’m really hoping I can stick to it!)
July blog goals
- Make my email opt-in look presentable and ready to go
- Start the online photography course I got from Groupon
- Get some great content written/posted from D23 and Disneyland
- Read at least 5 saved blog posts on Pinterest
- Update 5 old blog photos
July personal goals
- Audition for (and hopefully get into!) the musical Sweet Charity
- Stick with the the Galloway half marathon plan (giving myself a little slack while I’m in California)
- survive summer reading at the library!!
What are your goals for this month?