I am so, so happy to say that June was an awesome month! If you follow my blog regularly you know that I wasn’t saying that for most of the months this year. There had been some rough times earlier in 2017, but things finally feel like they’ve totally turned around. This month I’ve been happy, beyond happy, and life is good! I performed in an amazing run of the musical Chicago. It was not only a great theater experience, I also met some incredible people who will hopefully be in my life for a long time to come. And in the next three months I have three Disney trips coming up!
In two weeks I will be in California for D23. It will be my first time attending the Expo and I’m both excited and nervous. Then we have a quick weekend trip to Disney World in August. The two main goals of that trip are to see Pandora and the new Happily Ever After fireworks in the Magic Kingdom (though we also have a reservation for brunch at California Grill that I’m pretty excited about!). And finally, we are taking a week long trip in September for our anniversary. It’s been a long time since I’ve spent a full week at Disney and not just 3-4 days, so I’m looking forward to relaxing and doing some different things that we don’t always have time for. Plus Food and Wine Festival!
- Disney World packages are now available for booking for 2018, and one of the biggest changes for next year is with the dining plan – the beverage now included with your meal can be an alcoholic beverage for those ages 21 and up.
- Mobile ordering at counter service restaurants has been available at Satu’li Canteen in the Animal Kingdom, but starting soon it will also be available at the Magic Kingdom at Columbia Harbour House, Tomorrowland Terrace, Cosmic Ray’s, Pinocchio Village Haus, and Pecos Bill’s.
- Instead of the Illuminations dessert party, you can now do a Frozen dessert party in Epcot that includes a ride on Frozen Ever After.
- Disney has announced the the Donald Trump animatronic coming to the Hall of Presidents will indeed have a speaking role.
- The Eat to the Beat concerts have been announced for the fall in Epcot – you can find the full schedule here.
- In Disney World, Disney has added another “on ride” photo opp – they will now take your picture on Pirates of the Caribbean!
- A couple of attractions at Disneyland which had been closed for a little while are now reopening, including Fantasmic, the Rivers of America, and the Disneyland Railroad.
Epcot // Tons of Epcot rumors have been floating around, as it is now the park that has not gotten a major update recently. One of these includes an Inside Out attraction replacing Figment at the Imagination Pavilion.
Epcot // Other rumors affect the World Showcase, including a rumored Ratatouille ride or restaurant in France and even the addition of a new country or two (Puerto Rico, Spain, and Brazil have all been mentioned).
Magic Kingdom // Regarding the Donald Trump animatronic mentioned above, there have been rumors flying about the drama involved with the creation of his speech in the Hall of Presidents. Apparently there were some disagreements on whether Disney would write the speech or Trump’s team.
Other Disney Blogs
Over at Second Star Siren, Abby shares tips for how you can live your life like Elsa and learn how to “Let it Go”.
I don’t know if it was a glitch or a photopass photographer with a great sense of humor, but I love this magic shot that Jenn got over at The Fairest Run of All.
Rachel from the Random Writings shares her experience taking a solo trip to Disneyland. I love solo trips!
My lovely friend Sue has just revived her blog with a great new title – it’s now called Postcards from Paradise Falls! Go check it out now!
What latest Disney news are you most excited about?