Not gonna lie, 2017 is kicking my butt. I just feel like I’m constantly one step behind everything. I can only hope for things to slowly get better and to feel like I have a handle on life. I used to have a number of blog posts written in advance and ready to go out and publish (like at least a week’s worth) and right now I don’t have any. I know I don’t have to post as frequently as I normally do, but I still put pressure on myself to do it.
I did visit Disney at the end of February and I so needed that trip. It was a solo one but it was pretty much amazing. Relaxing, fun, and I got to see some good friends. I ran the Enchanted 10k and the Princess Half Marathon.
February goal updates
Here’s how I did with my February goals from last month:
- Read 5 blog posts saved on Pinterest (nope, I maybe read one)
- Create a new opt-in for my email newsletter (I started working on this but didn’t finish it yet)
- Re-organize my email newsletter (this I at least did, but still going to be open to adjusting it based on reader feedback!)
- Re-organize the tabs at the top of the blog (nope, didn’t even think about it)
- Make a list of pros and cons about starting a second non-Disney blog (I didn’t fully sit down and make a list, but I think given how tough this year as been so far it’s fair to say that is not the right decision for me right now. Maybe someday).
- Create a new ad to promote my book (Didn’t do this either. I’m trying to come up with an idea, maybe for April/Earth Day, where a portion of sales would go to the Disney Conservation Fund).
- Audition for Chicago, and be confident! (I auditioned. I thought my odds of getting in were awful after seeing the amount of talent there. Over 60 people, most of whom were female, and only 8 females would be getting in. But I got the phone call last week…. I got in!!!)
- Research and get a quote on replacing the carpet in the basement with wood tile (didn’t do this yet)
- Read at least 4 books (I read 4! Of Fire and Stars, the Inquisitor’s Tale, The Girl Who Drank the Moon, and Nimona. The Inquistor’s Tale was probably my favorite out of those).
- Downsize and donate at least 2 boxes of stuff (I did send off 2 boxes of stuff. But still a lot more to go!!)
- De-clutter/organize the living room (Well, I did organize it. But now it’s covered in all my Disney souvenirs I just bought from February!)
March Blog goals
Gonna try and keep the goals simple this month to hopefully give me time to feel like I’m caught back up.
- Write at least 2 blog posts on the weekends to have ready ahead of time
- Create that opt-in for my newsletter
- Brainstorm a plan for a good April promotion for my book
- Read 5 blog posts on Pinterest
March personal goals
- Get the basement floor redone
- Try to do a long run of at least 6.2 miles every week to prep for the Hershey 10k
- Organize my closet/clothes
What are your goals for the month?