This post has been sponsored by Creative Countdown. All opinions are entirely my own.
I am just one week away from my Disney trip! Life has felt a little crazy, so I can’t wait to get away for a bit. Now that the trip is so close I really have to start prepping everything for my trip so I’m not scrambling at the last minute. As I make my lists of what I need to get done, I thought I would share it with you in case it helps someone else out as well!
I couldn’t believe it when I looked at my countdown calendar from A Creative Countdown and saw that we were in the single digits! Sometimes it feels like the time drags but then when you think about all you have to do before you trip it creeps up on you! So having this countdown calendar not only helped me get excited for my trip, it also helped me stay organized.
1 week before
- Create packing list – this helps keep me organized so I know what i need to remember when it comes time to actually pack!
- Make itinerary – I make sure to write down park hours for each day we’ll be there, plus reservations for restaurants, FastPasses, and anything else we might have.
- Make sure a cat sitter is lined up – gotta make sure those cute boys are taken care of while we’re gone!
5-6 days before
- Go to the library for books – for both on the plane and during downtime, I love to have a couple of good books on hand! Of course, going to the library isn’t exactly a special trip for me since I work there…
- Get eyebrows waxed, haircut, etc. – maybe it sounds vain, but there are more photos of me on vacations than any other time, so if I’ve neglected to do any of these things now is the time to catch up!
3-4 days before
- Do laundry – all the basics need to be clean, plus any clothes I’m planning to bring!
- Clear pictures off of my camera – I like to make sure I have plenty of room to store photos, so I delete old ones off of my camera before I leave.
2 days before
- Pack – so I’m not stressed out the night before, I try to pack anything I won’t be using in the next couple of days (like a toothbrush) ahead of time.
- Clean out the fridge – So we don’t have to deal with cooking and cleaning we usually eat out the night before – so now is a good time to make sure any perishables won’t be stinking up the fridge while you’re gone!
1 day before
- Check in to flight – 24 hours ahead of time to get a good boarding zone!
- Charge electronics – I charge my cell phone, two camera batteries, a portable charger, and my laptop.
- Pack anything I couldn’t earlier – toiletries, etc. get packed now.
- Touch base with cat sitter – make sure we’re still good to go, and drop off the key if necessary.
- Put on my Jamberry nails – I like to do my nails the night before so they stay on as long as possible for my trip! Now that they have an official Disney collection by Jamberry there are lots of perfect ones for Disney trips!
- Prep the house – clean up, take out the trash, test the alarm system – make sure everything is in working order before I leave!
Are you counting down to a Disney trip? Help keep yourself organized with a countdown calendar from Creative Countdown! I’ve also got two 60 day countdowns to give away to two lucky readers – all you have to do to enter is fill out the rafflecopter form below!
Did you find this helpful? Also check out the Disney Packing List and Disney tips you didn’t think of!
Anything that I missed? What do you do the week before you go to Disney?