I have super exciting news! Well, it’s exciting for me anyway – and hopefully you’ll be at least a little bit excited about it too. Not concerning Disney necessarily, but definitely about the blog. I recently won a giveaway from a design company called Rakshi Creations to totally recreate my blog look! I’m unbelievably excited for it and I think it will be a huge improvement. Definitely will be looking different though, so if in a couple of weeks you come to the blog and don’t recognize the place, don’t worry – it’s still me!
- More closings at Hollywood Studios – come April we’ll also see the loss of Lights, Motors, Action, the Earffel tower, Honey I shrunk the Kids movie set playground, Monsters Inc. meet and greet, and Studio Catering Co. counter service restaurant.
- Disney has new restrictions in place when it comes to costumes for RunDisney races – the biggest one being that layered costumes are no longer permitted.
- The medals for Princess race weekend have been revealed – can’t wait until I get these beauties!
- A couple of new acts are coming to the Cirque du Soleil show in Disney Springs – I saw it in 2011 but I’d love to watch it again with the new stuff added!
- A new Zootopia exhibit is coming to Animal Kingdom – no surprise they’re adding it in there!
- Tsum Tsum fans – looks like we’ll be getting Star Wars tsum tsums soon!
Resorts // We know DVC is being added to the Wilderness Lodge. But now there’s talks of a DVC expansion coming to the Fort Wilderness area, where River Country used to be. I don’t know how likely this is, but it could be interesting since this would be the first non-deluxe resort to get a DVC addition.
Star Wars // People are saying that Star Wars land in Hollywood Studios could be done as early as 2018. I will be impressed and happy if that is the case!
Attractions // If you read my comparison of Big Thunder Mountain from Disney World vs. Disneyland, you’ll know that I was impressed by some of the added effects in Disneyland. Rumor has it those additions will be coming to Disney World too!
Other Disney blogs
Reviewing all 54 Animated Disney Films wrote a very interesting post on good and bad female film characters in 2015. Very good read.
As a 20-something myself, I appreciated Adriana Renee‘s take on A Twenty-something’s way to Disneyland.
Dawn over at I Am a Mommy Nerd got to experience an awesome set visit to Marvel’s Agent Carter show – I’m jealous, it looked awesome!
Over at the DIS, Pete wrote a fascinating piece on the Skipper Canteen restaurant. My suspicions are that the lack of success has a lot to do with the lack of advanced dining reservations for the restaurant.