When I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside during my honeymoon, one of the things I knew I had to try while at the food court was the magic cookie bars. I’d heard about them on some of the message boards and they sounded amazing. I received an absolutely huge slab of cookie bar! It was tasty, and it turns out it’s really not very difficult to make at home either!
Magic cookie bars are not an exclusively Disney thing, but in this version I tried to include everything that they Disney ones had. The nice things about these bars is that you can make them how you like – so if you don’t like or can’t have nuts, leave them out. If there’s something else you want to add in, go for it!
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 and 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 and 1/3 cups flaked coconut
1 cup chopped nuts (pecans and walnuts)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
confetti sprinkles (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (for glass pans) or 350 degrees F (for metal).
2. Place stick of butter into 9×13-inch pan and place in preheated oven until completely melted.
3. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over butter. Pour sweetened condensed milk over graham cracker layer. Spread evenly.
4. Sprinkle a layer of coconut over the top, followed by a layer of nuts, chocolate chips and butterscotch. Using a spatula, pat the toppings down into the bottom layers.
5. Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and top with sprinkles (optional). Let cool completely until they are firm to the touch. Cut into squares and serve!