One of the most popular Disney treats is the Dole Whip. While I personally prefer the Citrus Swirl while I’m in Adventureland, I don’t mind admitting that I enjoy a good Dole Whip every now and again. It’s sweet, light, and delicious. And the best part is, now I can make it at home with this dole whip recipe when I want a little taste of Disney!
Tip: If you want the most authentic dole whip possible, you can purchase the official dole whip mix that Disney uses on Amazon. You have to buy a 4 pound bag, but I bet you can eat it all! 😉
There are tons of Dole Whip recipes online, but the one I decided to try was from the blog Chocolate by Katie. I used her basic recipe and only adapted a few things here and there, and got something that is pretty delicious. I used coconut milk based on preference but it does give it a little added coconut flavor, so if you don’t want that I’d try regular milk instead. Enjoy!
- 2 cups of frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of raw sugar
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Put all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. If necessary add more coconut milk if your blender has a hard time handling the frozen pineapple chunks.
2. Pour dole whip mix into an ice cream maker and churn for 20 minutes. If you don’t have an ice cream maker then you can simply freeze the dole whip in your freezer for 20 minutes.
3. Enjoy! This makes about two large servings, so if you have a larger group or you just really like dole whip I would try doubling the recipe.
Do you enjoy having a dole whip at Disney World? Will you be trying this dole whip recipe at home?