Disney in your Day News
Yay, it’s finally February! That means I’m going back to Disney! If you’ve been following my blog you probably know that I’m running the Glass Slipper Challenge, so I’m getting excited but also a little nervous about that. We have so many other fun things planned too – dinner at Yachtsman, FP+ to meet Anna and Elsa, and even a trip over to Universal to check out the Harry Potter stuff! Plus, I’m now signed up for the Disneyland Half marathon – which means I’ll get my coast to coast medal, and I’ll be going to Disneyland for the first time!
As for the blog, once I return from my trip expect to see lots of park updates. I’ll also be continuing some of the regular series, such as “thoughts on Disney movies.” I’m hoping to get some more recipes and crafts up too. And I may or may not have recently become a little obsessed with tsum tsums, so I have a feeling they will be appearing on the blog as well!
- First the “big news” was that Disney was introducing these cool looking mugs at their Starbucks locations. However, now the Epcot mug has been pulled because of the monorail having a purple stripe on it (the color of the monorail from the fatal accident in 2009, a color that has since been retired by Disney. My bet is that they’ll change the color of the stripe and have the mug back on the shelves as soon as possible.
- Disney is already getting ready to make new Indiana Jones movies… and rumor has it that Chris Pratt will be playing the lead role.
- People have been clamoring for Disney to introduce a Latina princess, and now she’s here – Elena of Avalor, who will have her own show on Disney Junior.
- If you’re concerned about the construction at the Magic Kingdom, check out this update to see what exactly is going on now.
- Peter Pan’s Flight now has a new queue – I’m looking forward to seeing this when I visit!
- This makes me so happy: it has now been announced that Emma Watson will be playing Belle in a live action Beauty and the Beast film. I think it’s a great casting choice!
- Disneyland is going to be celebrating it’s 60th Anniversary this year, which is the diamond celebration. Disney has announced some of the exciting things that will be happening for that event!
Other Disney Blogs
Inspired by Dis shares the new Disney inspired Alfred Angelo wedding gowns. I love the subtle colors, and I think the Rapunzel dress is my favorite – what’s yours?
Chances are that you’ve already seen this on social media, but in case you missed out – make sure you watch this guy who challenges Gaston to a push-up contest at Disney over on Buzzfeed!
Over at Yesterland, they share information on the Ozell company, a company Walt’s father owned briefly that made sodas. The company has been revived and they’re selling old fashioned sodas to raise money for the restoration of Walt’s birthplace – sounds fun!
Movie Pilot has some fun things about Disney movies that Tumblr fans noticed – some are a stretch, but some are definitely worth checking out!
Our friends at Mouse on the Mind diagnose some of our favorite Disney characters with their various issues. A lot of our villains have some problems!