April 2014 monthly round up
I’ve never been so happy to see April because it seems like the weather is finally changing! Honestly, all the snow these past few months has been frustrating and depressing. It seems like spring is finally arriving! April is also my birthday month, and I’ll be celebrating by having a Frozen themed party
Disney in your Day news
The most exciting thing I have to share with you was announced about a week ago – I’ll be doing a Disney Running Gear Guide! And as part of that guide there will be lots of reviews and giveaways of Disney running related items. Even if you’re not a runner, there’s cute outfits and things that could be useful for any type of fitness – or even every day wearing! Right now I have enough giveaways planned for one a week for the next three months, so you’ll be in luck!
Aside from the guide coming, there are some Disney related things I’ll be doing this month that you can expect to see. I’ll post about my Frozen themed birthday party. I’m also going to see Aladdin on Broadway, so you’ll definitely hear about that! You may also be seeing a guest blogger sharing her Disney dining experiences, which I can’t wait to hear about. And this isn’t exactly Disney related, but I’m running the Hershey 10k this month, so I may do a post on the differences between a Disney race and another big race if people are interested.
- As far as Disney World food goes, Kouzzina will be closing on September 30th. I’m kind of bummed because we really enjoyed it there! On the bright side, they’re adding Star Wars character meals at Hollywood Studios during Star Wars weekends, which sounds awesome!
- No doubt due to the success of the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party, Epcot will now be hosting an Illuminations dessert party. It’s a bit pricier ($50 per person) but alcohol is included.
- Pixar made some big announcements – they have plans to make Incredibles 2 and Cars 3!
- Disney Cruise Lines has announced new itineraries, including cruises making several stops through Norway!
- Probably not a surprise to anyone, but Frozen has now become the top grossing animated film in box office history.
Other Disney Blogs
The Disney Parks blog shared a new store coming to Downtown Disney. It’s called Disney Centerpiece and it will feature Disney home décor items. From the pictures, I think I could spend a fortune in there!
Over at Food, Fitness, and Fantasy, Katherine is on a quest to watch all of the movies from the Great Movie Ride. How many have you seen?
DVC Central has a fun way to spice up your magic bands – a bunch of different cover bands! Get some to represent your favorite characters, movies, or attractions. I like these much more than the stuff that Disney officially offers.
Check out some truly awesome photos of homemade princess dresses over at Inside the Magic – that’s one talented mom!