Crafty Corner: Race Bib Holder
In honor of the Princess half marathon weekend (I completed the 10k!), I thought I’d share a running related craft with you all. My friend Megan from over at Mouse Ears and Me decided we should make race bib holders one time when I went to visit her to do a 5k. It’s a really great way to display your race bibs without taking up too much space. Though this craft isn’t necessarily Disney related, it can be if you use it to display your Run Disney bibs or if you put a Disney quote or picture on it!
Here are the materials you need:
- Wooden plaque (we found them at Wal-mart)
- Paint (2 colors)
- Paint brushes
- Alphabet stickers
- 2 hooks
- To begin, paint the entire plaque in one color. You’ll probably want to use the lighter color first, since the second color will be painted on top of the first. Let dry.
- Pick out letters to spell whatever you want your plaque to say. I did “Races” but Megan did “fairy tales do come true, one mile at a time”. You can really choose anything you want! If you want to add an extra Disney touch, consider adding a Mickey head sticker. We cut out our letters using Megan’s Silhouette Cameo vinyl, but you could just as easily do it with scrapbooking stickers. Put the stickers on the plaque where you want the words to be.
- Paint with the second color over the entire plaque again, except for the edges (leave those as the lighter color if you want an accent/border). Paint directly over the stickers.
- Once that coat is dry, carefully peel the stickers off – you might want to use tweezers. When you’re finished, you should have your letters painted directly on the plaque!
- To add the hooks, pick where you want them to go. Bibs can be different sizes, but use one you have to get an approximate idea of the best place to put the hooks. Depending on the type of hooks you buy, you may be able to just screw them in. If not, try making a very small hole first in the wood. My husband helped with this part.
- Optional: you can also add hooks to the bottom of the plaque to hang medals from!
And that’s it! You now have a beautiful plaque to hang on your wall and proudly display your race bibs?
Are you a runner? Do you currently have a way to display your race bibs?