It’s October, and you know what that means – the start of the long stretch of holidays! Halloween is at the end of this month, followed by Thanksgiving and then of course Christmas! I love celebrating, and no place does it better than Disney World! Though I won’t be down there this month, I still plan to do something Disney for my Halloween costume – my husband and I are going are Rapunzel and Flynn Rider.
Disney in your Day News
Once again, October is going to be a great month for the blog! September was fantastic. We had a giveaway with three winners – congratulations to Maria M., Debbie R., and Brandy F.! They will each be receiving an item from Etsy shop a Wish upon a Charm, which will ship out sometime next week. Everyone else, there will be plenty more chances to win things – I have at least 4 more giveaways in the works for the next few months! Hopefully our first one will be within another week or two!
We also launched our big fall project yesterday, the Disney Etsy Holiday Gift Guide. It’s a list of some of the best Disney items I found on Etsy, which would make the perfect gift for a Disney lover! As part of this project we will also be featuring reviews of many of the items on the list, as well as a few giveaways! Etsy Spotlights will start this month and continue on until Christmas.
Finally, we have another restaurant tournament running! This time we’re doing the Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom restaurants. It’s down to Be Our Guest, Cinderella’s Royal Table, Crystal Palace, 50’s Prime Time, Mama Melrose, Sci-Fi, and Yak and Yeti. Be sure to cast your votes for your favorites!
If anyone is interested in doing a guest blog post about something, send me an email at email@example.com. If I think it will fit in with the blog I’d be more than happy to feature you!
So what’s going on in the world of Disney?
- Starting this month, Glow with the Show ears are coming to Walt Disney World. These light-up, color changing ears have been a big hit at Disneyland, and will make both Fantasmic and Wishes a more interactive experience!
- Downtown Disney is in the midst of a huge makeover, but one change happening soon is the addition of food trucks. The 4 trucks will be themed loosely after the 4 parks, and what they are serving sounds delicious!
- We finally have a full length trailer for Frozen, due out in November. This actually gives us some plot information and it looks pretty funny.
- Concept art for the new Magic Kingdom parade was released, and it looks incredible. I am super excited to see the Little Mermaid and Tangled floats!
- Little Mermaid just came out on DVD and blu-ray today, so be sure to pick up your copy!
- ABC’s hit fairy tale show, Once Upon a Time, is back for season 3! We start off in Neverland, where our favorite characters run into Peter Pan and the Lost Boys.
Other Disney Blogs
I am totally in love with cupcakes, so I was very excited to see this article from the Disney Food Blog about some new cupcakes in Disney World. I really want to try the Root Beer float one!
The Disney Parks Blog shared that they were going to do a test of running buses directly from Animal Kingdom to Downtown Disney. With Animal Kingdom closing early, I think this is a great idea!
Unreality Mag shares some fascinating artwork that shows what Disney villains would look like if they were beautiful. Very interesting to see the villains in a different light!
While the language may not be family friendly, the blog A Bitch’s Guide to Disney has me laughing, if you’ve got a good sense of humor about Disney. She shares some interesting facts for Walt Disney World’s birthday.
What do you think is the most interesting Disney news of the month?
- Disney Etsy Holiday Gift Guide (disneyinyourday.com)